What do you need to bring to your first driving lesson?
The answer is not very much….
1. Provisional licence – the most important thing is to remember to bring your provisional licence (if you haven’t got one see our blog on how to apply for your Provisional Driving Licence). You instructor must see this before he/she is allowed to give you any lessons.
2. Glasses/contact lenses – if you need them, please remember to bring them. Your instructor will ask you to read a number plate from:-
• 20 metres for cars with the new-style number plates (2 letters followed by 2 Numbers KP34 CCA; or
• 20.5 metres for the old style number plates.
If you are unable to read the number plate unfortunately, your instructor wont be able to take you out unless you are able to collect your glasses before the lesson starts. If you were unable to read a number plate on the day of the test, the examiner wouldn’t be able to continue any further with the Driving Test.
3. Shoes – it may sound silly but please wear comfortable shoes (trainers or flat shoes are best)